Recipe by SherryFox
Source: Adapted from original recipe from HeidiSue on Food.com I just love Lobster Bisque, and I am willing to pay $12 - $15 per bowl for an exceptional one... now I don't have to! A great lobster bisque doe not even need lobster meat! I tried HeidiSue's recipe, which was good, but then made some adjustments that made this the perfect Lobster Bisque for me. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 4 tablespoons butter (to saute)
- 4 tablespoons butter (to finishing)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 leek, halved and sliced (white part only)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup lobster stock (1 cup hot water & 1 teaspoon lobster base)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauté pan heat a little oil over med-high heat and sauté shallots, leeks, and garlic for one minute with 4 Tablespoons butter.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the Worcestershire, Hot Sauce, and thyme and sauté for another minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the Brandy.
- Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.