This recipe is from my hometown's BEST restaurant of the Jersey Shore, DORIS & EDS of Highlands New Jersey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop lobster meat. In a heavy kettle (about 6-quart) melt butter over low heat. Stir in lobster meat and reserved liquid. Sweat, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes.
- 2Stir in flour, salt and cayenne. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- 3In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half until it "smiles" (barely simmers). Do not let it boil.
- 4Add half-and-half and sherry to the lobster mixture. Cook, stirring, at a bare simmer for 10 minutes. (do not boil).
- 5Serve hot. Note that bisque may be made 2 days ahead before being chilled and covered. Reheat bisque over low heat, stirring until hot. (Do not boil).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g