1/4 Photos of Lobster Bisque
I can't remember where the original recipe came from, but I have worked on this for some time and it is so good. Simple, quick and yummy. You can substitute crawfish or shrimp for the lobster.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base (better than boulion)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1In a saute pan heat a little oil over med-high heat and saute shallots, onions, and garlic for one minute.
- 2Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- 3Add the worcestershire, tabasco, and thyme and saute for another minute.
- 4Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- 5Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- 6Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- 7Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil.
- 9Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through.
- 10Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1246.1
- Calories from Fat 1012
- Total Fat 112.5 g
- Saturated Fat 69.7 g
- Cholesterol 531.5 mg
- Sodium 1322.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: