Chef Kate's Note:
An elegant and luxurious dish served in the restaurant of the Delta Hotel, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Orange Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
For the Lobster Benedict
- 1To prepare Hollandaise:
- 2In a food processor or blender, combine egg yolks, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, salt and mustard.
- 3Process for 10 to 15 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- 4In a small saucepan, melt butter till bubbling but not browned.
- 5With the food processor running, add hot butter in a thin, steady stream to egg mixture.
- 6Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and keep hollandaise warm over simmering water.
- 7Makes 1 cup.
- 8To prepare Lobster Benedict:.
- 9In a small skillet, melt butter.
- 10Over medium-low heat, gently saute shallot and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes. Add lobster meat and spinach, stirring and cooking just until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Stir in white wine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Keep warm.
- 13Poach eggs in a pot of simmering salted water.
- 14Split and toast muffins.
- 15To serve, place two muffin halves on each warmed plate and spoon lobster mixture onto them. Top each muffin half with a poached egg.
- 16Spoon on Orange Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with chives.
- 17Note: Poached eggs can be made in advance, held in cold water and then warmed in simmering water when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Benedict at the Selkirk Dining Room
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 628.1 mg
- Sodium 572.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: