Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant and luxurious dish served in the restaurant of the Delta Hotel, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
For the Orange Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
For the Lobster Benedict
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup lobster meat, diced
- 5 ounces spinach, rinsed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 4 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- To prepare Hollandaise:
- In a food processor or blender, combine egg yolks, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, salt and mustard.
- Process for 10 to 15 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter till bubbling but not browned.
- With the food processor running, add hot butter in a thin, steady stream to egg mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and keep hollandaise warm over simmering water.
- Makes 1 cup.
- To prepare Lobster Benedict:.
- In a small skillet, melt butter.
- Over medium-low heat, gently saute shallot and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes. Add lobster meat and spinach, stirring and cooking just until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
- Poach eggs in a pot of simmering salted water.
- Split and toast muffins.
- To serve, place two muffin halves on each warmed plate and spoon lobster mixture onto them. Top each muffin half with a poached egg.
- Spoon on Orange Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with chives.
- Note: Poached eggs can be made in advance, held in cold water and then warmed in simmering water when ready to serve.