Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Posted for safe keeping.Lobster Base By Master Chef Robert Sturm, Custom Foods, Chicago, IL. and Executive Chef Dale Festler, Landry's Seafood Houses, Houston TX
- 1 lobster (Whole Live, meat removed )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ounces brandy
- 2 cups water
- Take one whole live lobster Remove the meat from the shell.
- Crush the shells.
- Saute the shells with butter, diced onions, diced celery tomato paste, and bay leaf.
- Deglaze with two ounces of brandy, add two cups of water, bring to boil, and simmer for three hours.
- Strain broth. return to the heat, bring to a boil. reduce to 3 tbls.