Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from the Onion Producers Assoc.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh lobster, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the celery, onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add 1 cup of the broth and the rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer until the broth has been absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of broth. Simmer until the broth has been absorbed. Continue adding the broth and simmering the rice. When the last cup of broth is added, include the lobster, shrimp and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the rice has almost completely absorbed the broth and the seafood is cooked through.