Recipe by Elly in Canada
I have not made this yet, I will update the introduction after I prepare it. Source: Chef Stefan Mueller prepared this for the Atlantic Seafood Festival in Moncton NB in 2003. The chef has cooked for Queen Elizabeth II and President Bush Sr so these must be good!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded potato
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 cup lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 -2 tablespoon freeze- dried blueberries
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before needed: shred the potatoes, rinse well, cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- Beat eggs.
- Cut crabmeat and lobster into chunks, combine with eggs.
- Drain potatoes and squeeze water out; combine with seafood mixture.
- Add oatmeal and blueberries.
- Shape into 4 cakes for appetizer or 2 cakes for main course.
- Heat fry pan and saute cakes in a little olive oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side until nicely browned, flip once only. Adjust your frying time according to size of cakes.
- Insert tip of a knife into centre; if it comes out dry, the cakes are done.
- NOTE: Fresh wild blueberries may be used , but Chef Stefan likes to use freeze-dried to prevent the mixture from colouring.