Elly in Canada's Note:
I have not made this yet, I will update the introduction after I prepare it. Source: Chef Stefan Mueller prepared this for the Atlantic Seafood Festival in Moncton NB in 2003. The chef has cooked for Queen Elizabeth II and President Bush Sr so these must be good!
My Private Note
small a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before needed: shred the potatoes, rinse well, cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- 2Beat eggs.
- 3Cut crabmeat and lobster into chunks, combine with eggs.
- 4Drain potatoes and squeeze water out; combine with seafood mixture.
- 5Add oatmeal and blueberries.
- 6Shape into 4 cakes for appetizer or 2 cakes for main course.
- 7Heat fry pan and saute cakes in a little olive oil.
- 8Cook about 3 minutes per side until nicely browned, flip once only. Adjust your frying time according to size of cakes.
- 9Insert tip of a knife into centre; if it comes out dry, the cakes are done.
- 10NOTE: Fresh wild blueberries may be used , but Chef Stefan likes to use freeze-dried to prevent the mixture from colouring.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster and Crab Cakes With Wild Blueberries
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 72.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: