I haven't tried this yet, but it reminds me of a soup I had at the New York Restaurant, An American Place.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a 6- to 8-quart soup kettle.
- 2Add lobster, cover and boil for about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove and reserve the shells and carcass for stock.
- 4Cut lobster meat into 2-inch pieces.
- 5(Can wrap and refrigerate meat and shell overnight.) Put the reserved lobster shells and carcass in a large saucepan with the half-and-half.
- 6Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and set aside.
- 8Melt the butter in a soup kettle.
- 9Add the potatoes, onion and corn kernels and saute over medium-low heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 10Strain the lobster cream over the vegetables, bring to a simmer, and then simmer slowly until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 11Stir in the lobster meat, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- 12Simmer just until the lobster meat is hot, about 5 minutes.
- 13Ladle into warm bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.6
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 155.7 mg
- Sodium 458.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g