Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 ounces diced lobster tail meat
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large tomatoes, blanched,peeled,seeded and chopped
- 12 asparagus spears, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Coat an ovenproof saute (pan with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat).
- Add the lobster, garlic, shallots and red bell pepper, and saute for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the lobster in just cooked.
- Remove the lobster from the pan and set it aside to cool.
- Add the wine, rice and lemon juice to the pan, and stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add one cup of the stock and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the liquid has just evaporated.
- Add 1 1/2 cups more of the stock, and allow the stock to evaporate again while stirring.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of stock, the tomato, asparagus, dill, basil and salt.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and finish cooking for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and stir in the reserved lobster.
I made this recipe with left over lobster meat. It was good but needed more salt. I also think I would add more basil. I think I liked it more than my husband, who was silent. Not usually a good sign.
Very bland, not very creamy.