Recipe by Dib's
I've been saving this for a rainy day. I had this at a friends house, begged for the recipe and got it. I have not made it myself yet. Serve with Classic Caesar Salad and warm Garlic Bread Sticks. UPDATE-I cleared up the instructions-give this one a try, it's wonderful!
Top Review by firefly68
Although I agree with rexiblue's rather harsh suggestion that the sauce should be made by the method shown in her link, I want to make a bit of a correction to THAT version! Cover the bottom of the baking pan with some sauce before adding the first layer of pasta. This sounds really good! I'll have to try it with another cheese--can't stand brie.
- 2 lbs asparagus spears, snapped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 -9 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked lobster tails, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 3 quart lasagna dish.
- Lightly steam asparagus-4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk well, you want a light brown rue, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and pepper.
- Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese stirring until cheese is melted.
- Whisk in sherry.
- Cover bottom of pan with a thin layer of sauce.
- Place 1/3 of the lasagna noodles on bottom of dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of cheese sauce, half of the asparagus, half of the lobster, 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with tomatoes, sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes.