Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sub crabmeat for a wonderful variation of this richly delicious dish. Small portions might make a nice appetizer for your dinner party. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
- Heat the lobster slowly in butter about five minutes or until the outside membrane acquires a full red color.
- Add wine and simmer slowly until the wine is almost all reduced.
- Beat the cream into the egg yolks; add to lobster and season to taste.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately in warm timbales or over toast.