Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
During college I took a Russian history class where, for a grade, we were to bring in an ethnic Russian (or former USSR) dish. This one is from Georgia that I found off of the "www.ruscuisine.com" website. The one I've posted here is a slightly modified version to make it easier (no soaking/cooking of beans). Now I make it whenever I want something flavorful and refreshing.
- 1⁄2 lb kidney bean, canned (drained & rinsed)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄8 cup fresh cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh basil, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh dill, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh tarragon, fresh and chopped
- black pepper, freshly milled
- salt or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original
- Warm the beans either by pan or microwave.
- Stir in all ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the beans to cool to room temperature before serving.