1/5 Photos of Lobel's Guide to Grilling The Perfect Steak
From the famed Lobel Brothers Butchershop in New York. Not really a recipe, but a guide to grilling or broiling a perfect steak!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Meat should always be at room temperature before it is cooked.
- 2Remove your steaks from the refrigerator at least half an hour before you are ready to cook.
- 3Preheat broiler or grill to maximum temperature.
- 4Rub both sides of the steaks with coarse or kosher salt and pepper.
- 5Place the steaks 3 to 5 inches from the flame to sear the outside and seal in the juices.
- 6Turn the steaks after 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7After the steaks have been seared on both sides, remove from the heat, and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- 8This will help form the crust that adds the touch of perfection.
- 9Return the steaks to heat and cook on both sides to a desired doneness.
- 10Transfer to warmed dinner plates or a platter, and let rest five minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobel's Guide to Grilling The Perfect Steak
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g