From the famed Lobel Brothers Butchershop in New York. Not really a recipe, but a guide to grilling or broiling a perfect steak!
- Meat should always be at room temperature before it is cooked.
- Remove your steaks from the refrigerator at least half an hour before you are ready to cook.
- Preheat broiler or grill to maximum temperature.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with coarse or kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks 3 to 5 inches from the flame to sear the outside and seal in the juices.
- Turn the steaks after 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the steaks have been seared on both sides, remove from the heat, and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- This will help form the crust that adds the touch of perfection.
- Return the steaks to heat and cook on both sides to a desired doneness.
- Transfer to warmed dinner plates or a platter, and let rest five minutes before serving.