1/5 Photos of Lobel's Guide to Grilling The Perfect Steak
From the famed Lobel Brothers Butchershop in New York. Not really a recipe, but a guide to grilling or broiling a perfect steak!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Meat should always be at room temperature before it is cooked.
- 2Remove your steaks from the refrigerator at least half an hour before you are ready to cook.
- 3Preheat broiler or grill to maximum temperature.
- 4Rub both sides of the steaks with coarse or kosher salt and pepper.
- 5Place the steaks 3 to 5 inches from the flame to sear the outside and seal in the juices.
- 6Turn the steaks after 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7After the steaks have been seared on both sides, remove from the heat, and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- 8This will help form the crust that adds the touch of perfection.
- 9Return the steaks to heat and cook on both sides to a desired doneness.
- 10Transfer to warmed dinner plates or a platter, and let rest five minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobel's Guide to Grilling The Perfect Steak
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g