Recipe by 2Bleu
This delicious recipe made up of fresh fruit and lots of vegetables makes 3 huge (or 4 generous) servings yet has less than 400 calories & is a COMPLETE meal (how cool is that?!!). Prep the vegetables ahead of time so your cook time goes fast. Freezes well for left-overs.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I picked this as one of three chicken recipes to make in a 'cooking class' I held at my place for a handful of other residents in my mobile home park! An interesting & enjoyable but time-consuming event! Anyway the participants had fun & were happy in every way with the chicken dishes we made! Followed your recipe right on down, though we doubled it, & had a 5-star entree! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into thin strips about 2-inch long)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free apricot jam
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups snap peas (in pods)
- 3 large carrots, thin sliced
- 1 yellow onion, quartered (or cut into 6 segments)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free apricot jam (again)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, jam, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and saute for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add bell peppers, snap peas, carrots, and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender (if you need more liquid in the pan, simply add water).
- Add pineapple and jam and cook for 2 more minutes. Toss in brown rice for about a minute to warm. Serve immediately.