Recipe by jasminbaron
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The flavors of Spain combine in these mini Spanish omelet inspired bites. Spiked with chorizo and manchego cheese, these bites can be eaten as an entree or serve more as a tapas / appetizer dish. Easy and only five ingredients!
- 4 ounces spanish chorizo sausage, skinned and diced small
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 ounces spanish manchego cheese, finely shredded, divided use
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook diced chorizo, stirring occasionally, until just crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove chorizo to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and cook, stirring, until evenly colored and partially cooked, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Generously brush non-stick muffin tins with remaining olive oil.
- Divide hash browns, chorizo, beaten egg and half of the manchego among prepared muffin tins. Stir mixture lightly. Top each with some of the remaining manchego cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins.
- Serves 4 as an entrée or more as a tapas / appetizer.