Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a great, all in one, breakfast that even pleases the "no-meat" crowd! Its so simple that you can vary the amount and even the type of the ingredients (except the hash browns...its what truly makes the dish :-) to your taste, and never go wrong!!
- 12 large eggs, whipped
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Using a non-stick cooking spray, saute peppers and onions until golden brown on medium heat in a large skillet. Add potatoes (and a little oil or butter), cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and increase heat to medium-high and cook potatoes until they are lightly golden brown. Reduce heat to medium again, and add whipped eggs. Stir frequently until eggs are cooked to your liking. Remove skillet from heat, and top with shredded cheese, or stir cheese into the mixture. Allow cheese to melt and salt to taste.