1/1 Photo of Loaded Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd
My DH loves this. I hate to cook before breakfast but sometimes I make it for him, and the rest of the crew, because I love him. The ingredients are a little variable so don't hesitate to make substitutions if you'd rather use smoked turkey instead of ham or green peppers instead of spinach. Pre-cooked meat and veggies take some of the drudgery out of cooking before you've had your second cup of coffee. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/4-1/2 lb bacon or 1/4-1/2 lb sausage or 1/4-1/2 lb ham, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 lb cooked chopped broccoli or 1/2 lb spinach
- 4 -8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (whatever you like) or 4 -8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (whatever you like) or 4 -8 ounces monterey jack cheese (whatever you like)
- 1Break eggs into a bowl. Add milk and beat well with a fork.
- 2Melt butter in large skillet (I prefer a cast iron chicken fryer).
- 3Cut onion in half lengthwise then slice the halves lengthwise into slivers. The slices hold their shape and texture better this way than when sliced crosswise. Saute in melted butter until nearly cooked and slightly browned.
- 4Add the meat and vegetables to the pan and saute briefly with the onions until thoroughly hot.
- 5Pour the eggs over the meat and vegetable mix. Cook on low-medium heat until about half done.
- 6Spread half the cheese over the eggs them scramble them around.
- 7Cook until nearly done. Add the rest of the cheese and scramble around again.
- 8Complete the cooking, scrambling again if necessary.
- 9Serve with your favorite bread, with homemade biscuits, with hash browns, or load into rolls or wraps.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.5
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 452.4 mg
- Sodium 433.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g