Recipe by TheDancingCook
These are great as an appetizer or cut the recipe in half to serve as a side dish for a dinner serving about 4-6 guests. Serve with sour cream on the side. Cooking time includes cooking of bacon.
Top Review by evewitch
I used some leftover Recipe #82280 as part of the mayonnaise, and I liked the slight flavor addition it gave. I think the basil would have also been good. I used thick-cut bacon because I had it, but I didn't like it as well. My potatoes were not quite cooked after 40 min. Everyone ate these, so I would probably make them again. I served them with Recipe #79944 and a salad with Recipe #74453.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, about 15 small potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped fine
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a large baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender; cool to touch.
- Cut each potato in half, then cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato.
- With a small spoon or a melon ball scooper, scoop out potato pulp, leaving about a 1/4 inch shell.
- Set shells aside and reserve pulp.
- In a medium bowl, lightly mash the pulp; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the filling into the shells.
- Place back onto baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes or until golden and heated through.