Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This quick and super easy soup has all the elements of your favorite restaurant's loaded baked potato! It's a great comfort food for a chilly day and it's filling, too.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes O'Brien Hash Browns
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Put hash browns and chicken broth in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add cheese (save a pinch for topping soup if desired) and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream - stir to blend.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and top with reserved cheese (if desired) and green onions. Enjoy!