Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my first attempt at submitting a recipe. I received it from Circle of Moms and wanted to post it for safe keeping so I can try it out later...
- 4 lbs new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint half-and-half
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- green onion, sliced
- Place potatoes and onions in the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper; cover with the crock pot lid. (Broth will not completely cover potatoes and onion.).
- If you want to make the recipe even easier you can use hashbrowns!
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in half-and-half.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 20 more minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Ladle into bowls, and serve with desired toppings.