Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful potato soup recipe I ran across one day while looking for a recipe for Fatz loaded potato soup. It may not be there recipe, but it is really good!
- 9 baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1. Prick potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave, 3 or 4 at a time, and scoop out the flesh (while the others are cooking).
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook about a minute. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup bacon bits, 2 tablespoons green onions and most of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve topped with remaining bacon, onions and cheese.