Recipe by Melly K
This is another recipe that has come about from lots of experimenting. We have a family of six so this makes a LOT!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb frozen broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 cup milk
- onions or dried onion
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes and garlic in enough water to cover them until the potatoes are almost done.
- Add the broccoli, butter, onion, and salt and pepper and boil until potatoes and broccoli are soft.
- SLowly add the cheese until it is all melted.
- Add the milk and return to heat just until boiling; remove from heat.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crumbled bacon and a little shredded cheese on top.
- For vegetarian just leave off the bacon.