Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe (from Southern Living) is so easy! Tastes just like a loaded tater!
- 4 lbs new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint half-and-half
- Layer sliced potatoes in a lightly greased 6 quart slow cooker; top with chopped onions.
- Stir together chicken broth, salt, and pepper; pour over potatoes and onion. Broth will not completely cover potatoes and onion. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash mixture with a potato masher; stir in half and half. Cover and cook on HIGH 20 more minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Ladle into bowls, and serve with toppings of shredded Cheddar, crumbled bacon, green onion slices.
Love the soup! Hubby said it was the best potato soup he has tasted and I agree!
It was easy to make and I know I will be making it again for sure!
Great soup for a cold, rainy night. Easy to make. Made for Bargain Basement.