Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have gotten addicted to these! Its a mix of other potato skin recipes with my own additions.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped red peppers or 1 cup green peppers or 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped chives or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out flesh (discard or save for another use) leave a ¼ inch shell.
- Place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Mix together the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and brush all over the skins.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes skin side up.
- Turn over and bake again for 7-8 minutes.
- In the meantime mix together: cheddar cheese, red pepper, and chives.
- Mix together in another bowl the garlic, mustard, hot sauce, sour cream and the egg, and then combine with the mix above.
- Divide this mixture into the skins, sprinkle with bacon, return to the oven and bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- Very nice served with more sour cream and green onions.
Loved, loved, loved!! I haven't had potato skins since I was young and these were wonderful :) Loved them so much!!!
I found the green peppers overwhelming, both taste and texture. I had scooped out the centre for potato salad so it may have made a difference if I had left more potato on the skins.
Made these for this year's Super Bowl Party and called them "Pig Skins" (everything had a football related anme this year). It was the first time I made them, and not only did everyone at the party absolutely love them, but it has become a family favorite. Its rare that I find something that pleases me, the hubs and the kids equally. They are also pretty quick and easy to make! I highly reccomend this recipe!!