1/8 Photos of Loaded Potato Skins
I have gotten addicted to these! Its a mix of other potato skin recipes with my own additions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped red peppers or 1 cup green peppers or 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives or 1/2 cup green onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out flesh (discard or save for another use) leave a ¼ inch shell.
- 3Place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- 4Mix together the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and brush all over the skins.
- 5Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes skin side up.
- 6Turn over and bake again for 7-8 minutes.
- 7In the meantime mix together: cheddar cheese, red pepper, and chives.
- 8Mix together in another bowl the garlic, mustard, hot sauce, sour cream and the egg, and then combine with the mix above.
- 9Divide this mixture into the skins, sprinkle with bacon, return to the oven and bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- 10Very nice served with more sour cream and green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g