Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my favorite southen mayo (DUKES) for those who can't get it I feel for you. because when we lived in California I couldn't get it and I actually missed my mayonaise. But you can use whatever real mayonaise is your favorite. After attempting the original recipe I adjusted it since it just wasn't right. and this is now my version of thiers. Please enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup duke's mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (real bacon not the imitation ones)
- 1 cup fancy sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, nearly finely sliced
- boil potatoes in slightly salted water for about 20 minutes until fork tender in thickest part
- in a large bowl Mix ranch with sour cream and mayo and refrigerate.
- When potatoes are al dente, remove from heat and drain,.
- place drained potatoes in bowl with ranch mixture and carefully turn to coat.
- sprinkle bacon bits, green onion and cheese over the top and gently combine through the entire mixture.
- serve slightly warm or chill for later.
This is perfect! I bought some of this (pre-made) from a local grocer's deli and HAD to find the recipe! Did a lot of scouring before I finally found this recipe and this is 100% spot-on!
This is very, very good I live in Alabama and we do have dukes mayo so i followed your recipe to the T. I was trying to find a recipe for cold baked potato salad and this worked great thanks:)