Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Be the hit of the party with this full-flavored take on the classic baked potato with all the fixin's. Carnation provides a creamy texture to a mix of hearty potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions. With this dish you won't have anything left to take home! Taken from Very Best Baking.com I have added some extra spices....cayenne, Mrs Dash what ever I am in the mood for or cooking it with!
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.