Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a easy and tasty side dish. The croquettes can be made into smaller portions for appetizers. It is also lends itself as recipe that can be adapted easily to personal tastes and cooking styles.
- 24 ounces prepared mashed potatoes
- 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients except 1 cup bread crumbs.
- Shape mixture into 8 balls.
- Flatten croquettes to 3/4 inch thick.
- Roll croquettes in remaining bread crumbs.
- Place on non-stick pan and bake for 20 minutes turning once.
I followed the directions exactly and they were fantastic! Easy to make and such a great and different way to use mash. <br/>Such a delicious outcome from left over mash! We really enjoyed these.<br/>Thanks Miss Fannie for a wonderful recipe.
Nice use of leftover mashed potatoes; I froze half of the potato patties for a future meal. I used mrsteacher22's Mom's Mashed Potatoes #290458 for plain mashed potatoes relying on good quality russets for taste and made this recipe a few days later. With this recipe it is easy to control portions, and easy to prepare ahead, then pop in the oven without fuss. I fantasized about roasting some garlic and mixing chunks into the potato mixture before rolling in the bread crumbs, then adding a slight sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese just before serving. Thank you for sharing. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
I made these on Sunday to go with our steak and they were thoroughly enjoyed so much that I am putting them in my best of 2013 cookbook,the DM surprised me and ate both of hers which I think disappointed the DH as he was hoping for seconds which disappointed the DH as he was looking for seconds. Thank you Miss Fannie, made for Rookies tag game.