Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was found on CookLisaCook.blogspot.com
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I leave the skin on)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups fiesta Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F (This is NOT a typo, 500F is correct!) .
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the potatoes to a greased baking dish.
- When scooping the potatoes into the baking dish, leave behind any extra olive oil/hot sauce mix.
- Add the diced chicken to the “left behind” olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat all the chicken. Allow to marinate as the potatoes bake.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked add the marinated chicken.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Top the raw chicken with the topping.
- Bake 15 minutes or until until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly delicious.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.
I put this recipe in the crock pot ! It was fabulous and the entire family loves it. Just put the potatoes in first for two hours on high then add the chicken for two hours and top when potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked! YUMMY!
This was a fantastic dish! My family loved it. I would recommend to cook the chicken for 30 minutes and add toppings the last 10 minutes of baking time. I would definitely make this dish again.
I only put about half the hot sauce and added some BBQ sauce(little mouths too feed ;). I also added 1/2 cup corn, 3 rolls of frozen chopped spinach, 1/4 each red,yellow and orange peppers :) delicious!