Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone loves nachos and these are sure to please everyone in your family. The combination of spicy chili, rich sour cream and melted cheddar cheese is a guaranteed hit.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 3 (6 -8 inch) round pita breads
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each round into six wedges; Split each wedge in half and brush inside surface lightly with oil. Place wedges on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine chili with beans, chiles, flour and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl. Combine sour cream and milk in small bowl. Top baked pita chips with chili mixture, cheese, tomato, olives, green onion and sour cream mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very pretty dish - lots of colors. The pita bread was a nice change from chips. I will say that you need to eat these up right out of the oven or they start to get soggy. We had to toss the leftovers for that reason, so serve it for four people to avoid that.