Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 1991. Sounds like a fun breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated mozzarella cheese, about 1 1/2 ounces
- 1 ounce caviar
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer onion to small bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet.
- Add eggs to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until edges of omelet are set, about 1 minute.
- Lift edges of omelet and tilt skillet, allowing uncooked eggs to flow under cooked edges.
- Continue cooking until eggs are almost set, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle sauteed onion, green onions, cream cheese, smoked salmon and mozzarella over omelet.
- Broil until mozzarella melts, about 3 minutes.
- Cut omelet into wedges and top with caviar.