Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
These are one of the many cookies I make during the Christmas season - the dried cranberries and white chocolate lend a very festive flavor! I made them just the other day and sent a plate full out with my kids to take to a neighbor - apparently on the way, they shared with several other neighbors who were outside and had to come back for more! I now have several orders for more cookies........ : )
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (we use Old Fashioned. Do NOT use instant.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (use 1/2 cup if using raisins)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and mix well. Add oats, then add raisins, craisins and white chocolate morsels; mix until combined.
- Spoon out by rounded tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F Bake for 8 - 10 minutes (8 for softer cookies; 10 for more crispy cookies), or until LIGHT golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies. I usually end up with between 5 and 6 dozen.