1/4 Photos of Loaded Mexicali Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
Subscribed to one of those recipe card subscriptions when we first got married--back in 1978. This recipe has been a family favorite for years now. We whip up a batch of long-grain brown rice and use the sauce from the chicken for a "gravy" (Mexican rice!). Leftovers are even BETTER than the first-runs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a hot pan, melt butter and oil; immediately brown chicken on all sides (about 15 minutes total).
- 2Put rice and water into a covered large casserole pan--microwave for about 45 minutes until soft and plump--check your owner's manual. My microwave has "rice" cycle.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Mix sauce ingredients--EXCEPT cheese.
- 5Place chicken in a 13x9-inch pan or a casserole dish, pour sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with cheese; cover lightly with foil.
- 6Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes; remove foil, continue baking for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Serve with rice and use chicken sauce for a gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Mexicali Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 945.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g