Recipe by SweetsLady
I got this from her magazine and let me tell you that these are amazing!! They were made by a firefighting chef, Mike Wathen, where she visited in Alabama. Here are the adjustments I made: red potaotes, light sour cream, light cheddar cheese, and turkey bacon. I actually just fried up the bacon and then crumbled it. Hubby and kids were raving about how these were the best mashed potatoes they have ever had!
- 6 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 (12 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bacon, julienned and browned
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stockpot, cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover until tender.
- Drain and return to stockpot.
- Add butter, garlic, and sourcream; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add a little milk, if needed.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.