Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this on talk of the town. I just had to try it. It was delicious.
Make and share this Loaded Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container French onion dip
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Peel the potatoes.
- In a large saucepan filled with water, put the potatoes inches.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Return to the saucepan and mash potatoes and milk together with a potato masher.
- Stir in onion dip, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and bacon.
- Serve hot.
This was good. I, too, was out of bacon, but I think it would just add to the yummy-ness. I used about half of a 16-oz. tub of dip, probably a little bit more than a cup. I made these ahead by a few hours, mashing them and putting in an 8x8 baking dish, then baking them for about 30 min. Good reviews from our dinner guests. Served with BBQ'd ribs, salad, sauteed mushrooms.
Very good potatoes. I didn't have any bacon, I think that it would have been even better with it. I wasn't sure what size container of dip I should use so I put in 1 cup of dip. They were very easy to make.