Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in our family for years and goes great with a Sunday dinner or Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, blend divided
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain and place in a mixing bowl. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium – low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
These are TDF. My family all loved them. I followed ingredients as per recipe except for no green onions. Made for PAC Spring 2008
Awsome mashed potatoes. I made it for 2 and there was plenty for another serving which my bf took to work the next day to have for lunch. Made for Spring 08 PAC
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! Everyone loved it! This recipe will be a keeper in my recipe book.