Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Take the flavors of a loaded potato: bacon, cheese, and scallions. Whip them up with Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Layer the potatoes between two flaky pie crusts. Slice into fries and bake until golden and perfect. Seriously...it doesn't get much better than that!
- - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- - Line a stainless steel baking sheet with parchment paper.
- - Warm the potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- - Place the mashed potatoes into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Add in the shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and scallions. Fold together with a rubber spatula.
- - Unroll one of the pie crusts directly onto the parchment paper.
- - Gently spread the mashed potato mixture onto the pie crust, leaving 1/4" border all around.
- - Top with the second pie crust, gently pressing the crust into the mashed potatoes. Press the edges together.
- - Using a pizza wheel or a wheel with a decorative edge, cut one inch strips horizontally. Create fries that are approximately 2" long by cutting vertical strips.
- - Separate the fries.
- - Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and crispy.
Easy and delish! I didn't have a pizza wheel so I sliced with a small knif and sealed the edges with a fork like on a pie. It took a little longer but was worth the trouble!
Sounds delicious and easy!