Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the McCormick's website. It is a wonderful side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. My family and friends love it and keep asking that I make it. Enjoy!
- 5 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients, except cheese and bacon, in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- 2. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. If you prefer extra crispy bacon, reserve bacon and sprinkle at the end of cooking. Cover.
- 3. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Test Kitchen Tips:.
- •Start with about 4 pounds uncooked potatoes to yield 5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes. For faster preparation, start with instant or refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes.
- •To make ahead, assemble casserole. Do not sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate casserole. Refrigerate bacon separately. Bake casserole as directed. Sprinkle with bacon during last 5 minutes of cooking.