Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy quick bread is loaded with nuts, coconut and pineapples. Very easy to make and extremely satisfying.
- 2 cups whole macadamia nuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- Mix nuts, pineapple, and coconut in large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and add to nut mixture; mix well until nuts and fruit are completely coated with flour.
- Beat eggs until foamy and add vanilla to eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide evenly between two 9 x 5 greased loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until centers test done.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
This is a densly packed bread loaded with lots of flavor! Quite delicious. Makes me feel like I should be having this in Hawaii! I didn't change a thing. Excellent recipe, Karen. Thanks for sharing!
Further to my comments of yesterday,this loaf is decadent. Wonderful flavour, like ambrosia. Since macadamia nuts are a luxury item here, I might try blanched almonds when I make it again. I second Bev's opinion and thank Karen for sharing.
I really liked the flavor of this - sweet and sticky and very exotic. I had some complaints about the texture of the whole macadamias so I would chop them next time. Also, the bread stayed very thin (from the texture, it seemed like it did what it was supposed to - didn't seem overly dense) so next time I would use only one pan and watch carefully for cooking time.