Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something that I learned to make when we moved to Southern Minnesota. Every family has there own special way of making this, so there is no real recipe. This is my variation; my kids love it and brag that there mom's hot dish is the best!
- 1⁄2 lb leanest ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups slightly undercooked macaroni noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cook noodles till they are slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a very large skillet on Med-High heat, add EVOO, Onions, garlic
- Cook till onions start to brown;
- Add ground beef and Italian sausage.
- Cook until both are well done (do not drain).
- Add stewed tomatoes (I cut them up a little more), mixed vegetables, basil, sugar and macaroni noodles.
- Mix everything together.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minute.