Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
All your favorite baked potato toppings (sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and chives) add a yummy twist to the traditional hash brown potato casserole.
- 907.18 g bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 226.79 g softened cream cheese
- 59.14 ml sliced chives
- 118.29 ml bacon bits
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml corn flake crumbs
- 118.29 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw potatoes.
- Combine soup, sour cream, softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup melted butter, bacon bits, chives and cheese.
- Mix in potatoes.
- Spray 3 quart casserole dish with Pam and add mixture.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 1 hour.
We really enjoyed this potato dish tonight. It is a little different from the one we usually make and the additions are nummy!! Made for PAC Fall 2012.
These potatoes were amazing! I followed the recipe "as is" except I didn't add chives. I loved the bacon in it. I used the Kroger brand "Meals Made Simple" real bacon bits which come in a little package. It was so easy to make and yet DELICIOUS!!! I got many compliments on these potatoes. Thanks Jenni Girl!
This was a great recipe! My Family always has a wonderful Christmas Morning Brunch. I noticed my Mom always seems to lack a good potato dish so I decided to bring something new to the table/tradition. This was a HUGE hit! very tasty! I used a bag of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese and I think I will stick to that. Thank you so much for sharing a great recipe! I think we will have this every year on the table now