Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Similar to the the dish they were serving at iHop. Makes a good 'breakfast for dinner' meal
- 8 ounces bacon
- 16 ounces potatoes, shredded (frozen works well)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- In cast iron skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside to cool, do not drain bacon fat.
- Spread potatoes evenly in skillet. Cook potatoes and green onions in bacon fat. Do not stir, let brown on one side before flipping over and browning on other.
- Crumble bacon over top of potatoes. Sprinkle cheese on top. Place under broiler until cheese melts.