Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sure sounds wonderful. I've read and re-read the recipe and can't find a single reason why it wouldn't be! I saw it in the October, 2009 issue of Family Circle, and just knew it would be a "keeper."
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, cut into 24 slices (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 slices bacon, each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 2 pieces, each cut into 12 slices
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave bacon on HIGH for 4 minutes or until slightly crisp. Drain off fat and set aside on a paper towel. When cool, cut into thin strips.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Place bread on baking sheets. Spoon on butter and garlic.
- Top each piece with a slice of cheese; sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts and bacon is crisp.
- Cool slightly.
I used a ciabatta baguette and cooked the bacon in a skillet cause I also needed it for another recipe. This is so yummy. Full of flavor. Thanks Suzanna :) Made for Newest zaar tag