Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After trying to find a good recipe for focaccia, I realized everyone seemed to do it their own way. This is my version. My kids call it "that pizza bread". It goes wonderfully with soup or salad.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant mashed potatoes
- 5 ounces warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (2 t vinegar in measuring cup then fill to top with milk)
Toppings needed for each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 8 red onion rings
- 6 basil leaves, ripped into large pieces
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast with sugar and water.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Let rise 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in 1/2, and spread out to 1/4 inch thick circle on two greased cookie sheets.
- On each spread first the olive oil then the garlic into the dough. Sprinkle with salt and fresh rosemary.
- Layer remaining ingredients, in order evenly over bread.
- Let rise 20 minutes and bake 400F Till cheese is melted and lightly browned around edges (approx 10-15).
- Serve warm or cooled.