Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Backyard Living Magazine. The credit goes to Tammy Thomas, from Mustang, OK. It's easy and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) beef flank steak, 1 . 5 to 2 lbs
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Cut a deep slit in the steak, forming a pocket.
- Stuff butter mixture into slit.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side.
- To serve, slice thinly across grain.
This turned out to be very tasty. I reduced the butter by half and still had lots of stuffing to spread among the steak. The stuffing ingredients were nice and added lots of flavor. I sprinkled the outside of the steak with montreal seasoning before cooking on an indoor grill. Easy & delicious! Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.
Very good recipe my husband doesn't care for green onions but we decided to try it like the recipe says. We really enjoyed this and will be making it again. The flavor was outstanding.
This steak was AWESOME!! I left out the onions (personal preference) but otherwise made exactly as directed. The steak grilled up beautifully and the butter/bacon/ranch filling put it over the top! Outstanding!