Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Icelandic hubby loves deviled eggs ... especially this version. Leftovers are required as he likes the bacon/egg flavors with his breakfast cereal & coffee. I went through a lot of devilled egg recipes posted here to be sure it wasn't a duplicate & got some new ideas to try for him, but I'm sure this will stay his favorite. As the ingredients & name imply, the recipe takes the "loaded baked potato" approach to devilled eggs.
- 12 large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
- 6 slice bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 9.85 ml fresh chives
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml sour cream or 59.14 ml buttermilk
- Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
- Add the sour cream or buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
- Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & "dust" with a sprinkle of paprika.
There goes my secret! I make this recipe except that I substitute Dijon mustard for the vinegar. This always goes so fast at parties. Everyone loves the bacon flavor. Sometimes if I'm making it for the adults I'll sprinkle it with chili powder instead of paprika.
These are a great change from the usual deviled eggs! I took another reviewers advice and substituted dijon mustard for the vinegar because I can't imagine deviled eggs without mustard. I also needed more sour cream for the eggs but you can never go wrong with adding bacon to a recipe! Made for Football Pool 2012.
MP my hubby loves deviled eggs and he loved your recipe! The bacon, sour cream, and cheese were very nice additions. Will make these again for him soon! Thank you honey for a keeper! Made and reviewed for the 2014 Culinary Quest - Family Picks.