Recipe by twissis
My Icelandic hubby loves deviled eggs ... especially this version. Leftovers are required as he likes the bacon/egg flavors with his breakfast cereal & coffee. I went through a lot of devilled egg recipes posted here to be sure it wasn't a duplicate & got some new ideas to try for him, but I'm sure this will stay his favorite. As the ingredients & name imply, the recipe takes the "loaded baked potato" approach to devilled eggs.
Top Review by Bippie
There goes my secret! I make this recipe except that I substitute Dijon mustard for the vinegar. This always goes so fast at parties. Everyone loves the bacon flavor. Sometimes if I'm making it for the adults I'll sprinkle it with chili powder instead of paprika.
- 12 large eggs (hard-boiled, cooled & halved)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Transfer egg yolks from halves to mixing bowl & combine with remaining ingredients.
- Add the sour cream or buttermilk last & use more as needed to reach desired smoothness.
- Spoon yolk mixture into halves. The bulk will have grown substantially, so pile it high & "dust" with a sprinkle of paprika.