The potatoes are baked, then the flesh is removed and turned into creamy, cheesy loaded mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes are stuffed back into the jackets, and the potatoes are baked again to crisp the skin. These are to-die-for!
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, crisped and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle with a light covering of sea salt. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet; bake for one hour.
- Carefully cut a "lid" in the top each potato (lengthwise) and scoop the flesh into a large mixing bowl. Set the jackets aside.
- Add butter and sour cream to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Slowly beat in vinegar and ketchup, keeping a smooth consistency. Add remaining ingredients, and beat until well-blended.
- Fill the jackets with the potato mixture, and close the lids.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until skin is crispy.