Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
While on a calorie-counting quest, I put together this chicken salad 'loaded' with celery, onion, and shredded carrots (which contain very little calories). The almonds give it a little extra crunch, and the cranberries are just sweet goodness :) I listed 'creamy Italian dressing'. For this, I made Creamy Italian Dressing #34649 and added 1 tbsp of honey mustard, using 2 tbsp of this mixture in my salad.
- 4 ounces chicken, diced or shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 2 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons creamy Italian dressing
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, each cut in half
- Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Fill each pita half with 1/4 cup spinach leaves, sliced tomato and 1/4 of the chicken salad.
- Served with 1 cup of skim milk and 1 oz bag of potato chips, this adds up to a little over 400 calories.